Thursday, February 4, 2010

Madeline, my girly girl


Maddie likes to sing a lot, and she also likes to make up her own songs. It's the sweetest thing to watch.




I can't believe it starts so young. I was not/am not a super girly girl...so to have a very girly girl is quite foreign to me. But I have to say Madeline is adorable. She makes me laugh and smile all the time. The way she says things, the tilt of the head, even the rolling her eyes can be cute at times when it's not at me. She has amazing expressions. It's a little frightening that it can start so early. This morning she said that for breakfast she wanted "toast with cheese, with No no no no butter, on a PINK plate" She was very set that was what she wanted. She is so cute and loving. She is constantly complementing everything. "Oh, I love your shirt, it's so beautiful" "I love my spoon, it's so shiny" and she LOVES to talk about how much she loves Nathan. She giggles and often says things like "I love my brother, he's so cute and cuddly." She even told Jared one day how much she loves his nose.

The love of all things princess has started for a while. It's not too crazy yet, but she does like to dress up a lot and she is super into shoes. She has to match things. She loves putting on new outfits in the morning and dress herself up.





And while she was once fearless, she has started to get some anxiety about toe fuzzies. Yes, you heard me: toe fuzzies. When she gets into the bath sometimes she sees little fuzzies in the water and it FREAKS her out. She talks it out usually "they aren't going to get me" "that's not scary" "they won't eat me" Sometimes her talking helps, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty amusing. She also finds toys a little scary when they talk to her. She seems a little confused by them. When her stuffed puppy said to her "You're my friend." she was kind of happy and she gave him a hug...but then she stuck him in the closet and told him to stay in there.

She is also started to want to know why and how a lot more this past month or so. The other day she spent about 15 minutes looking at a map on the wall and asking questions about the names of countries. She pointed to a place called Faulk Island (south of Argentina) and she kept pointing to it and saying "can we go there when I am done playing tonight?" She also is very interested in speakers and sound. Lately she wants to know where the speakers are for everything that makes sound. It reminds me of when Nathan was her age and asking about how the water got in the water towers.

She is quite excited about her birthday and going to camp hunt in the summer. She calls camp hunt on the phone sometimes and tells me "I am talking to camp hunt now". And almost daily she asks if we are going to her birthday party and then goes on and on about her birthday party...which is in June. She will say "I am all ready for my party." Sometimes she tries to convince us "okay, we can go to my party now. It's okay, I am ready." She seems pretty good about waiting but wow...it sure will be a while.

Here is Maddie on Christmas day. While playing with her dollhouse she turned around and told Jared "I am not going to Christmas, I am staying right here."

No comments:

Post a Comment