Monday, November 30, 2009

oh yeah, I have a blog don't I?

I am not so good at this blog thing. I have had the craziest past several months that I haven't been able to keep up with anything. Lots of ups and downs with Nathan's schooling, back to work all day, and just the business of life in general. I suppose everyone can relate. I have nothing profound to say, but am so thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. I am so thankful that Nathan's school is working with us and providing him with a more appropriate education...and that he has actually learned some things now (and has taught me a few things as well that I did not know). Maybe everyone else already knew this, but I had no idea that there is a word for "..." I just called it "dot dot dot" but apparently it is called an ellipsis. I learn new things everyday, that might not only represent Nathan's knowledge of facts but also my lack of that knowledge....I can't imagine how much I will learn in the years to come. Nathan's school has now provided him with differentiation for homework, his own individual computer program, and some one on one pullout for math once a week. This is a great start, especially for a district that has no gifted programing in a state that has no gifted mandates or funding. They are actually working with him and trying to meet his exceptional individual needs and we are so thankful for that. I hope it continues but I am preparing for a challenging life of advocacy ahead and so glad we have recently been in touch with others that have the same challenges. He is growing up too fast and wish I could go back in time or at least freeze him for a little while. He tells me that he will never grow too old for hugs, even if he is 106 years old and has great grandchildren....but I am not too sure about that.

Since I guess blogs often include pictures, here are a few. We are into museums in our family, Maddie and Nathan quite enjoy them. Here is a picture of our recent museum trip in poughkeepsie.

Nathan enjoyed the robotic arm. You had to pick up a fish and drop it in the hole. It was quite fun.



Nathan inside of a bubble....about to pop it



Madeline trying to catch the floating ball



Madeline is really something lately. She talks all the time about everything. She has quite the personality and is so unbelievably girly. She talks about how beautiful and great everything is all the time. She regularly says things like "oh mom, I love that bag...it's beautiful" She even complimented Jared's nose the other day and told him she really liked it. She gives faces that are quite hard to say no to. Especially when she says "please" and cocks her head to the side so innocently. We are a little worried about the future to come. : )



It is so awesome to see how loving Nathan and Maddie are together. They obviously have their moments, but most of the time they are hugging on eachother playing nicely. Maddie gets a little too huggy for Nathan's tastes at times...but he is quite affectionate as well, tolerates it when he isn't and is often volunteering to read books to her which she loves. Here they are hugging outside, this wasn't even posed. He was singing a song to her about how he loves her. It was adorable.



Life is good, we are blessed and quite happy. Not much else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment