Monday, March 15, 2010

Secret maps and hidden toys

Our children make life quite interesting. Last night I was about to go to bed and I happened to glance at the kitchen table. I saw a note that apparently Nathan had written before he went to bed.

I wasn't really sure what this was about and was intrigued (yet a little frightened)....but I followed the directions and looked behind a picture of Maddie and found yet another note/map.

I found this quite funny although I really wasn't sure where to go and kept trying it over and over until I realized (or rather Jared realized since he was assisting in this nighttime treasure hunt) that we were going to need to go upstairs into his room. I wasn't quite sure what was hidden. I was hoping it wasn't food, or some other item that should not be hidden in his drawer. In the morning after he was awake I went in his room and this is what I found in his bottom drawer

Maddie's little bunny. I asked him what the meaning was for the note and the hunt and he said that he thought that when Maddie was sleepy and wanted her stuffed bunny she could follow the directions to find the bunny. (nevermind the fact that she can't read and probably wouldn't be all that interested in searching for a bunny when she was sleepy). It's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment