Wednesday, August 19, 2009

keeping up with the times....

I have decided to start a blog even though I have no idea what I am doing. It will not be fancy, it will just give some info on what our family is up to. There will be no bells, but maybe a few whistles when the occasion calls for whistles. I have pretty much decided to replace my old website with this blog instead. So there you have it.... I will start by including some fun summer pictures thus far.

Here is one of Maddie playing out on the deck. It was a hot day and she decided to use the sand and water table as a little pool. I love the look on her face when she is caught.



We went up to Pennsylvania for Jared's grandmother's 90th birthday party recently and had a good time. We rented a boat and had fun out there. We also got some good family pictures taken of everyone which went surprisingly smooth. We were almost all wearing white for the pictures and I had an awful fear that someone would bring out cheese doodles or something. Nothing like kids, white and cheese doodles. But thankfully they were not there. Here is Jared and the kids in the boat



Nathan decided to be a photographer and took some great shots. Here is one of my personal favorites that he took



We also got a new child while we were on vacation. One of Jared's second cousins (who is one and the little boy in the picture with blond hair) thought that Jared was his dad. He cuddled him and played with him and sat with him constantly. Whenever he saw his real dad he was quite confused and would look back and forth between them. It was quite amusing as it happened all weekend long. I wish I had another mom to take my place when I wasn't around...that would be great.

1 comment: