Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back 2 School





It's back to school time. I love this time of year...the weather starts to cool down a bit, I get to wear jeans but still flip flops, and I start thinking more about fall and all the good stuff that comes with it. Back to school, football, cider donuts, back to work, apple picking, crisp air and sweaters, pumpkin bread, apple pie.... I guess there may be a theme of yummy foods. I know it is not Thanksgiving yet, but I am counting my blessings early. I am trying to count them each day as I have so many. We all have blessings, we just often get so caught up with everything else that we miss the wonderful things that are all around us. I am not a pessimistic person, but I have a tendency to get so busy that I just think of life as a "to do" list. I go from one thing to the next and still always have a million things on my list. I struggle with not relaxing and enjoying moments when I can....but I am making progress.

Here are a few special moments that I have stopped to enjoy from summer and the last couple weeks:


The kids had fun at the lake chasing eachother as butterflies, I have a series of pics of them pretending they were butterflies and catching eachother...until this picture and then I decided it didn't look so safe to play that game....


Camp Hunt fun

Miniature golfing


lots of parks this summer!


Exploring, hiking and enjoying the outdoors






Museums


Hoffman's and icecream



Summer is over and time to start making some fall memories and stopping to smell the roses from time to time. Or maybe to rake the leaves but that doesn't seem as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment